Chief Executive Officer
A Nollywood company providing financing for content producers is looking for an exceptional and qualified candidate to fill the role of Chief Executive Officer. Our platform is a collaborative marketplace where qualified producers can easily access debt and equity support, while our investors can provide short-term capital into a large marketplace of Nollywood producers with a track record to deliver and secure a high rate of return. Our ideal candidate will have the opportunity to grow Nigeria’s film-making ecosystem by driving access to working capital, while securing the company’s position as the leading Nollywood financing platform.
Fundraising & Investor Relations
• Develop a compelling value proposition and key messaging for future fund raise as well as existing investors
• Identify, reach-out and pitch to prospective investors and program manage the related processes of due-diligence, deal closure, etc.
• Build investor confidence in the company's vision to deliver shareholder value through a comprehensive Investor Relations framework and strategy
• Provide market insights to the management team, including financial trends, investor concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the company
• Oversee communication & reporting of financial results to investors through comprehensive MIS.
Strategy, Planning and Management
• Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
• Act as strategic business partner to senior leadership team.
• Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
• Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of the organization.
• Create and establish financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
• Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
• Manage financial planning and analysis.
• Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
• Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget by business
• Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
• Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
• Performing risk management by analyzing the organization's liabilities and investments
• Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
• Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
• Oversee cash, investments and asset management.
• Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners. Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors and officials.
Education: Must be from a Finance/Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering or any major that denotes comfort with numbers.
• MUST HAVE Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• MUST HAVE at least 5 years working experience
• Marketplace, exchanges, classified experience is a plus
• High level communication skills
• Management ability and experience
• Added advantage: Treasury
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your earliest possible start date and annual gross salary expectations in USD.
Please submit all documents in PDF format with name the subject headline as follows: “Application Chief Executive Officer TX_<your full name>”
Female candidates are expressly encouraged to apply for this position.